RE: beyond RoboHELP

Subject: RE: beyond RoboHELP
From: Richard Smith <rsmith -at- rapidlogic -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:29:55 -0800

Mike,
I may be alone on this one, but I say it is far greater to have the skill to
plan, design and implement a help system that to have a working knowledge of
RoboHelp. Knowing how the tool works is totally different than knowing how
to design a good help system.

That being said, RH is the most common help authoring tool out there. It is
a bit quirky (IMO)and not the most obvious app to try learning in short
order. Much like any genre of software tools, if you master one, you
generally can learn its competitors fairly quickly.

As far as another tool doing it quicker or cheaper. Well, they don't sell
that many RoboHelp suites for nothing. It is pretty good at what it does. I
know RH, but don't use it at my current job.

Oh, and re your previous post. I think the MS MOS is a POS. Thier MOS like
nearly all of their products lacks basic consistency and in many cases it
belies common sense.

Richard Smith

Mike W. wrote>

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230