Subject: Re: ADMIN: FYI
From: Susan Guttman <sguttman -at- semantix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:25:31 -0500

Another way in which personal attitudes can hamper professional ability: I
once worked with a writer who, while sweet, was extremely defensive; you
couldn't give her any feedback (and I do mean *any*) without it being
interpreted as a personal attack, leading to long denials and sulking. In my
personal view, you can't improve your work without feedback, plain and
We ended up letting her go because she wasn't a very good technical writer,
and, as she couldn't be told what she needed to do to improve her skills,
she couldn't be a useful team member.