Re: Other proposals

Subject: Re: Other proposals
From: "Herman Holtz" <h -dot- holtz -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:29:26 -0500

Indeed, more and more organizations in the private sector are using RFPs
and proposals for procurement. That's an encouraging sign for those of us
who like to write proposals as our chief writing work. I overlooked these,
but they are of growing importance. I won a very nice contract in this
manner from ITT a few years ago. Here is the corrected list. These
last-named contracts tend to be on the order of $200,000 and more, rather
than in the millions as they often are with government procurements.

1. Federal agencies contract proposals.
2. Federal grants and loans proposals.
3. State and local government proposals.
4. Foreign government proposals (tenders).
5. Book proposals.
6. Private sector corporations and non-profits.