stupid CD ROM

Subject: stupid CD ROM
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:50:59 -0500

I was just reviewing one of the worst CBT disks I have seen in long
time. (Written for a book on college mathematics.) It took over 31/2
minutes to get through a stupid graphic screen. There is no way to skip
the introduction. The programer probably thought that he/she was being
clever. I just found it extremely obnoxious. Hopefully the author is not
a member of this list. On second thought, perhaps I will write a letter
to the publisher recommending that the author subscribe to this list.

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved
promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned,
by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night.
Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)