RE: Word 2000 problems

Subject: RE: Word 2000 problems
From: "C. Crowley" <cc5678 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:46:46 -0600

Re,

There is a "feature" in Word that "lets" styles be automatically be updated....

AND in addition, another feature causes styles to reflect changes in the style they are "based on". So, you bold some paragraph in the Normal style--in theory all the Normal paragraphs and the ones "based on" it (such as List Bullet) will be bolded.

I tried this out and didn't get far enough to confirm the working of the "feature," because after creating 10 Normal style paragraphs and clicking the numbered-list button in the toolbar for some of them and the bullet button for others, and then a couple of undos and the number button again, suddenly they're ALL indented an inch and numbered from i to x.

It's like one of those logic games you can download for the Palm Pilot. But, when I'm creating a manual, dang if I want to play logic games.

C. Crowley
cc5678 -at- hotmail -dot- com

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.