RE: Machine Translation - Systran?

Subject: RE: Machine Translation - Systran?
From: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:10:12 -0000

>> Unfortunately, the recent thread on machine translation didn't
>> throw up any
>> recommendations.
>> We're currently thinking about Systran - has anyone used it in similar
>> circumstances or are there any better recommendations out there?

>For what you need, I'd just use AltaVista's free web service at

This is Babel Fish, which was one of the recommendations made in the recent
thread on machine translation: I assumed David had already tried it and
found it not what he needed.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Compaq, UK
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone.

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.