RE: Personal development plan

Subject: RE: Personal development plan
From: "Patty Ewy" <patty -dot- ewy -at- greatplains -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:53:26 -0600

Developing a personal development plan doesn't have to be painful. In
the past, I've used them to worm my way into interesting training
sessions, or onto interesting projects.

The personal development plans that I've seen usually start with some
self-review type thing: These are my strengths, these are my weaknesses.
Then you just try to describe things that you'd like to do to take
advantage of your strengths and to shore up your weaknesses. If you need
to deal with XML or something, say that knowing about that technology is
a weakness, and then suggest some ways that you might learn more about
it: off-site/on-site/online training courses, books, whatever.

Good luck!

Patty Ewy
Senior Technical Writer
Phone: (605)884-3844
patty -dot- ewy -at- GreatPlains -dot- com

"I don't know karate, but I do know ka-razy!"
--Roy O'Bannon in Shanghai Noon

**New Dates!!** San Francisco (Apr 16-17), San Jose (Mar 29-30) or 800-646-9989.