Re: Long Documents in Word

Subject: Re: Long Documents in Word
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:03:38 -0800

Elna Tymes wrote:

> These are
> problems that are well known, and eventually Microsoft will get around to
> fixing them

Point of information for anyone who doesn't know: The master
document feature has been broken in MS Word since at least version
2.x - for about four versions and six or seven years. You've been
able to have hours of frustrating fun trying to use paragraph styles
in secondary text frames for about the same length of time.
Long-time masochists can probably add to this list, and correct the
exact time these problems have existed; personally, I've suppressed
the horrors and only recovered this memory while undergoing
regression therapy in connection with my abduction by aliens.

Oh, well. At least it teaches everyone the importance of backups.

"We are not beginners, we will not be fooled,
The times have been our teachers, and they teach an iron rule:
We do our best work in the dark, we do our thinking on the run,
We will hang together till the longest day is done."
-Oysterband, "A Fire Is Burning"