RE: About Technical Communicators Job

Subject: RE: About Technical Communicators Job
From: Darren Barefoot <Darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:44:39 +0100

You may wish to consider Canada as a viable alternative to the US for the
following reasons:

* They have more generous immigration policies
* You can enjoy a similar standard of living
* On the whole, Canadians are more, uh, shall we say enlightened in their
views toward distinct cultures (flame me privately if you'd care to
disagree)
* There are plenty of cities and towns with a significant Indo-Canadian
population (as I'm sure is also the case in the States)
* In Vancouver, at least, cultural diversity in software is the norm, not
the exception. For example, my last job included people from the following
countries (in an office of 40 people): Australia, US, Thailand, Wales,
Venezuela India, Pakistan, South Africa, China, Japan, Korea and the
Philippines.

Just my two cents. DB.

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at