RE: Handhelds

Subject: RE: Handhelds
From: "Boulet, Elizabeth" <EBoulet -at- Exchange -dot- WebMD -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:26:20 -0400

> Kelly Williamson [SMTP:kwcwtech -at- iwaynet -dot- net] wrote:
>
> I need to gather information on creating help (or something like help) for
> handheld devices, like Palms and Pocket PCs... I'm really interested in
> finding out if there is even such a thing
> as help for these devices...

I design help for a Windows CE program for Pocket PCs. Windows CE does have
a help system. It's fairly simple to create online help, but the process
differs depending on which version of CE you're using. Here is the
information that I've found on this subject:

http://www.sonic.net/ghirsch/wdt35/index.htm

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/maintain/cehelp3.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/maintain/solhpc.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/maintain/solppc.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wcehelp/htm/hlpintro.asp

Most books on developing Windows CE programs also include information on
creating online help. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Good luck,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Boulet e-mail: EBoulet -at- WebMD -dot- net
ULTIA Help Developer phone: 386-462-2148 x396
Medical Manager R&D http://www.medicalmanager.com