Developing Charter for Documentation Dept.

Subject: Developing Charter for Documentation Dept.
From: Dave Weisbord <weisbord -at- lsil -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:13:24 -0700

Hi All:

I work in a fairly large internal software development organization for a fairly
large semiconductor company. There are two tech writers in our "group".

Along with the rest of the high tech world, my department has recently gone
through some major organizational changes. Our boss just met with us and asked
us to develop a Charter for our documentation group.

Anyone have any suggestions or samples I might see?

This is a golden opportunity to change the way things are done around here
documentation-wise so I would like the Charter to look as professional as
possible.

While I am the junior partner in the group, its more likely that I will be
proactive in addressing these issues than my senior counterpart.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/