Re: Stop the scrolling madness!

Subject: Re: Stop the scrolling madness!
From: Megan Golding <mgolding -at- secureworks -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 04 Oct 2001 08:53:34 -0400

Keith asked about overly-fast scrolling in Word when using the mouse to
scroll up and down.

I use keyboard shortcuts to select text for just this reason. Try this
workaround: CTRL + SHIFT + <arrow key> to select forward a word,
backward a word, up a line, or down a line.

Not only is this faster than taking your hands off the keyboard, but is
very convenient for selecting large areas of text.

HTH,
MEG
(who keeps using emacs key bindings in word and is getting highly
annoyed at the results)

--

Megan Golding (mgolding -at- secureworks -dot- net)
SecureWorks, Inc.

It is always the best policy to speak the truth--unless,
of course, you are an exceptionally good liar.
-- Jerome K. Jerome

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/