RE: Technical Writing Union

Subject: RE: Technical Writing Union
From: "Paula Puffer" <papuffer -at- psquareddoc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:20:13 -0600

Ashley Wrote:

I know that you cannot be a government worker and
be in a union, but not all technical writers work for the government.

Paula Responds:
There us a Government worker union, my friend Lisa who is a USDA chicken
inspector belongs to it.

As for Unions for writers, they do exist in this country. The National
Writers Union can be found at and they do have a
Busines/technical section on their web site.

For details and online registration, visit

Technical Writing Union: From: Neal, Ashley