Strange Interview Practices?

Subject: Strange Interview Practices?
From: envvy harris <envvy -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:40:46 -0800 (PST)

Today I went on a job interview for a Technical
Writer/Instructional Designer-Trainier position. I
must say the interview process has taken on a new
meaning for me. Please don?t get me wrong; I know it
is normal for perspective employers to interview
several candidates. But all at one time! Today this
company took the cake?they had three candidates
interviewing at the same exact time (sched with the
same person). They attempted to do round-robin style
interviewing (which at the very least requires the
ability to plan and schedule accordingly)?1st you
spend 30 min with the Director, then 30 min with the
Project Lead, and so on. To say the least it was very
poor scheduling (which worries me, since the Project
Lead scheduled all of these appointments and he will
be the one creating the documentation plan for
implementation). In addition, they requested that I be
prepared to give a presentation on any topic I chose
for the final process in my interview?They didn?t tell
me however that there would be other candidates in the
same room. Maybe I am being silly here (if so please
forgive me) but I find that at the very least this was
tacky, not to mention it bordered on unprofessional.

http://personals.yahoo.com

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/publish/default.asp