Re: Professional Memberships on Resumes (was: STC Membership)

Subject: Re: Professional Memberships on Resumes (was: STC Membership)
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 10:49:50 -0500

I come from the healthcare/pharmaceutical sector, and because our industry is so closely regulated, writers really need to be familiar with the pitfalls, requirements, regulatory restrictions, etc. One of the things membership in a professional association tells me is that the writer has a grip on, or at least a passing acquaintance with industry-specific standards, protocols, and conventions.

At 04:32 AM 1/3/02 -0800, Tom Murrell wrote:

Yes, Bruce, I do...The most it
tells me is that this person knows what the professional organizations of a
profession are. Of course, the question always is, "What can they do for ME?"

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr