Re: Canadian Jobs

Subject: Re: Canadian Jobs
From: "Dana Ditomaso" <dana -at- danasolutions -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:36:16 -0500

Nina suggested:
> has 18 jobs listed, two of them in BC
> has 84 jobs listed, about 10 of them in BC
> has 37 jobs listed, 5 of them in BC

I will also mention that quite a few companies scour the resumes posted on
sites like and do not post jobs. The company that I work for
does this - we tell our in-house recruiter what we're looking for, and a few
days later we get a few excellent resumes, either from postings on job sites
or from resumes mailed directly to the company, which are kept on file.

I don't know how common this is in Canada, specifically, but I prefer this
practice, as it avoids work application spam whenever I used to post a job
ad. I would highly recommend just getting your resume out there instead of
searching job sites.

Comparing the volume of jobs between the U.S. and Canada would be
pointless - think about the per capita rate, versus sheer volume.

just my 2c Canadian.

your book. What are you waiting for?

See and check it out.

RE: Canadian Jobs: From: Nina Kolunovsky