RE: Anyone Hide Easter Eggs in Docs?

Subject: RE: Anyone Hide Easter Eggs in Docs?
From: Victoria Camgros <vcamgros -at- persistence -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:27:48 -0800

I've never deliberately included an Easter Egg. However...

Long ago (and far away-er, nevermind), I used to type the callouts for illustrations as a part of my job. This was back in the era of Rapidograph pens and India ink, MacTac (sticky back film) callouts, and no computers in the biz (she says sagely, nodding her gray head).

Anyway, we were working a tight schedule on a proposal, and several callouts in the sketches were completely unreadable. So I typed "blob" for them, assuming (since our standards were all-uppercase letters) that these blobs would be noticed and corrected.

Well.

Come Monday morning (yes, we were working the weekend), the proposal manager is flipping through the printed proposal when he comes across these blobs. Fortunately for me, he thought it was funny.

Taught me a lesson about trusting how other folks use the process (standards, reviews).

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr