Withheld Payments

Subject: Withheld Payments
From: Edwyn Kumar <bastion -at- telus -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 00:43:40 -0800

Hi Folks,

Well I got a nasty surprise from my previous writing contract. Turns out
that the company is hesitant to pay me for the editing I did at the end of
2001. It was a contract position that extended from February to the third
week of November. They still owe me for October and three weeks of November.
They claim that the product was unfinished, which it was because the
contract was terminated before the book was done.
Has anyone had similar problems? I need some advice, since writer's often
have little recourse in these matters.

Help.

--

Edwyn Kumar