Partial Payments

Subject: Partial Payments
From: Edwyn Kumar <bastion -at- telus -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:07:20 -0800

Hi Everyone,

After negotiations, I managed to get partial payment from the company that
was withholding money owing for work rendered.
I decided to accept the smaller amount (which is 58% of the total owing) and
move on.
I'm still short, but hey, I have a mortgage and can't afford to pursue this
any longer.

Seems even with a contract, you can get screwed around. Of course, I'm
working with more reputable people now and am looking forward to a better
2002 now that this is settled.

As an aside, I have discovered that I'm number four in the list of reputable
freelancers that are owed money by this company. Sigh.

Thanks to everyone that offered me advice in this most unwanted situation.
It helped a lot.

Cheers,

--

Edwyn Kumar