Re: Browser favorites and bookmarks?

Subject: Re: Browser favorites and bookmarks?
From: "Edwin Wurster" <eawurster -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:42:33 -0500

Your response addresses another feature I'd like to have. After collecting and categorizing the bookmarks or favorites, I'd like to access them from elsewhere.

I have not blogged at all. If there is a blogger that collects URLs and updates my list, I am all for that.

Phase I of my solution includes simple collection and management of these URLs. Phase II must include remote access to the URLs.

Ed

""Groenewege, mevr. M."" <m -dot- groenewege -at- lvnl -dot- nl> wrote in message news:A72AD77473AFD21195950008C7C9AD6B070B8AA1 -at- SOEXHS01 -dot- -dot- -dot-
snipped

| I add the urls to the Favorites menu of my browser until I have time to do
| something about them. Once I have a few minutes, I add them to an HTML
page
| I've created that organizes all my bookmarks hierarchically (e.g., under

snipped here

| you: use Dreamweaver, a text editor, or whatever. Just make sure it's more
| or less standard HTML so you can open it in any HTML software.

One thing that really annoys me is that I can only access my IE or Netscape
favorites at one computer: if I find an interesting site at work, I cannot
remember the URL when I get home. I solved this problem by creating a weblog
that contains links to all my favorites. A weblog basically lets you create
an entry on an HTML page without having to start your HTML-editor or having
to (manually) FTP the data to your website.

Instead, I can access a shortcut menu in my browser that opens a small
publishing window. Here, I can simply enter the URL and some comments. It
gets uploaded to my website immediately, in a preformatted layout. This way,
I can access my favorites from any computer, and publishing literally takes
seconds. Nice extra: there's no limit to the number of weblogs I can make,
so right now, I'm setting up different ones for different topics. For an
example (in Dutch, but hey, you listmembers send me English examples all the
time *s*): www.geocities.com/mgroenewege

Best regards,

Maaike Groenewege