RE: Hiring Publications Managers

Subject: RE: Hiring Publications Managers
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 16:25:34

Maggie say, "Contracting isn't always a choice. There have been times when simply nothing else was benig offered, and I don't have the luxury of saying loftily: "Oh no, I don't *do* contracts."

I agree with Maggie. I have done a lot of contracting in the past few years, because it is what was available at the time. Of the two permanent positions I took, one lasted a year and the other lasted 5 months (after 3 months as a contractor).

Right now, I will take anything that will all me to make my house and car payments.

Diane Evans, hoping to be a real tech writer again soon.