Re: Hiring Publications Managers

Subject: Re: Hiring Publications Managers
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:45:25 -0600

At 12:31 PM -0700 02/04/02, kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

In addition to all this talk about "rewards" and "discipline," I've never
heard it referred to as "captive" employment before. Makes you wonder how
much fun their holiday parties are.... :)

BUT - I wholeheartedly support the right of ANY employer to decide for
themselves A) what they want and B) how to go about finding it.

For the rest of us, it serves as a reminder that when it's not your
football, you don't get to decide how the game should be played, or even
who gets to play.

As one who has been a corporate serf for a long time, I would like to interject an off topic reply to the above.

If you are in charge, you might get the wonderful experience of being held responsible for whatever irresponsible decisions you make. Mr. Lay now has six irate senators after him. Hopefully we won't have to worry about indiscretions of the magnitude of Enron's.

Scott