Re: Dreamweaver training question

Subject: Re: Dreamweaver training question
From: Win Day <winday -at- wordsplus -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 21:23:21 -0500

At 06:07 PM 04/02/2002 -0600, Kane, Beth wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good source of training for Dreamweaver?

The best I've found so far is through the company called Grafix Training
(http://www.grafixtraining.com/). If you have tried Grafix, please tell me
how you liked it.

I figure I can learn a lot about raw HTML in the class by using
Dreamweaver's split screen and watching the code. (I need to learn all about
HTML, but my company uses Dreamweaver too, so I was thinking I could use
such a course to learn both simultaneously.) Any thoughts?

I can't comment about learning both HTML and Dreamweaver at the same time -- I learned HTML first (using HomeSite) and am now learning to use Dreamweaver.

I went through a free course by Barnes and Noble, at http://www.barnesandnobleuniversity.com/ . It's free because they figure they'll make their money from the books! But it was a good introduction to both HTML (which I didn't really need) and Dreamweaver (which I did). If you can't keep up with the lessons because other things get in the way, make sure you print them out for later study.

I can recommend three books, in fact. The first one was the course text (and the course was taught by the author) and the other two came highly recommended on the macromedia.dreamweaver newgroup (which I also recommend):

Macromedia Dreamweaver for Windows & Macintosh: Visual Quickstart Guide
J. Tarin Towers
Peachpit Press
ISBN 0-201-73430-3

Dreamweaver 4 Bible