Re: Hiring Publications Managers

Subject: Re: Hiring Publications Managers
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 12:39:28 -0500

The tone of this rhetoric has suddenly become seriously worker-unfriendly--"They made more money because that money was a slush fund to tide them over when times are tough", "captives", "We want to work with people who share those values" What values? Creativity does not prosper in a rigidly controlled or controlling environment. I have these visual images of the tight-lipped, bun-bound, associate lawyer/nazi type from the scene in the boardroom in "Erin Brockovich". Kelley, your argument is not only frightening, it's giving me a pretty nasty portrait of employee relations in your company. Thanks for the heads up.

At 12:14 PM 2/5/02 -0500, Kelley wrote:

I'm looking at a market, as are all of you, where, recently some people chose to contract and make considerably more money than the captives. They made more money because that money was a slush fund to tide them over when times are tough. Captives chose greater security--they hoped--over greater earnings...I see people who've been laid off from FT work as having been screwed over by a new economy that both the CEO and I reject. We want to work with people who share those values and who want to build a company that is organized according to the principles that supposedly undergird this new economy, but do so the way they were intended to work..

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr