Re: Terminology

Subject: Re: Terminology
From: Stan Schwartz <stanz -at- cam -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:05:21 -0500

At 10:38 AM +0100 2/6/02, Richard Pineger wrote:

I have written an internal Procedure template for a tech writing house using
the word DEPRECATED to describe a style that is no longer to be used.


I would value your opinions..

Use the word depreciated, as it is in common use, with a short explanation following first use and in the glossary. No other term means the same thing in the 'field' where it is used. You might mention that the term is common in programming and development.

Did you know you can get RoboHelp certified?
To learn how, visit Be sure to also check out
our special pricing offers and promotions for RoboHelp 2002.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Terminology: From: Richard Pineger

Previous by Author: RE: Suggestions for "Interesting" Techwriting Book?
Next by Author: Re: Comb binding looseleaf?
Previous by Thread: RE: Terminology
Next by Thread: Re: Terminology

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads