RE: Search utility for HTML documentation?

Subject: RE: Search utility for HTML documentation?
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:29:29 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Hart, Geoff [mailto:Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 10:03 AM
Subject: Search utility for HTML documentation?

Nathalie Laroche wondered: <<The documentation that we provide with our
product includes about 1000 HTML pages and a dozen PDF files. We would like
to add a search utility to our documentation, but I can't seem to find what
I am looking for. This utility would need to run locally (offline), both on
Unix and Windows platforms. Ideally, it would also be cheap.>>

There are two free perl scripts that will probably work for you here:

They are both short and can be incorporated into your doc package.

John Gilger
Senior Technical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.

your book. What are you waiting for?