Re: Hiring Publications Managers

Subject: Re: Hiring Publications Managers
From: "Douglas S. Bailey (AL)" <dbailey -at- commandalkon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:41:46 -0600

> * I, like several others think Kelley and her CEO are at least naive in
> thinking they will get loyalty ONLY from staffers. I too am a contractor
by
> choice, and have often noted a CYA attitude and lack of either initiative
or
> courage in staffers. It is my impression that some staffers FEIGN loyalty
> and commitment.

Frankly, I think Kelley's attitude about not hiring contractors is childish.
We're all PROFESSIONALS here, right? It is professional to expect a person
to be relatively loyal to his employer, even if he now is a full-time
employee after having previously been a contractor. It almost seems as if
Kelley and her company have a personal grudge against contractors, which
definitely isn't a professional behavior.