Re: Hiring Publications Managers

Subject: Re: Hiring Publications Managers
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 13:08:07 -0800

Kelley wrote:

I still found it curious that, even when I clearly signalled that I was asking the Serious Q from the perspective of interviewer, the answers weren't directed to that POV?

I suspect that most people thought you were simply curious about what goes on in the heads of contractors. With that expectation, the emphasis on what an executive would think sounded odd - especially since most contractors take pride in their business savvy (notice how at least one person who responded said that if he took a full time job, it would be in management).

Sounds like a faulty expectation, though.

"More truth is what I need
Never mind if it makes me bleed."
- OysterBand, "On the Edge"

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr