Re: Hiring Publications Manager - Let the ball drop.

Subject: Re: Hiring Publications Manager - Let the ball drop.
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:16:46 -0700

You have the option of deleting or ignoring posts with subject lines you
feel you've seen too often.

Forums like these remind us that there are a LOT of ways to look at
things. Not just your way. You've had enough of the subject - fair enough.
Apparently, not everybody has. Feel free to start your own Ten Message
Maximum forum. Or flex that finger and hit the Delete key, repeating as
necessary.

I find the thread in question FAR more pertinent than arguing the merits
of serifs or tools or period spaces, etc., because the posts in this
thread shed light on how people make HIRING decisions. That's something
I'm VERY interested in.

Within this thread people have been VERY candid, and I've been surprised
by a lot of what I've read. And if I'm surprised by something, that means
it hadn't previously occurred to me. I like going into job searches having
considered as many angles as possible, so to me this thread has been very
helpful. Your mileage varies, evidently.

Don't give up - hang around the list a few more weeks at least. Trust me,
you haven't BEGUN to see the truly exasperating lengths to which some of
our angels-on-the-head-of-a-pin discussions can extend!

- Keith Cronin

Tech writing. Where tools matter, and periods need their space. Or spaces.

Oh, and fonts - they're important too.