Re: Icon colors

Subject: Re: Icon colors
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:01:28 -0700

I believe that in order to use 256-color icons, you have to save the
pallette (sp?) you use WITH the icon, and I'm not real sure of how that
works. I hope somebody who knows posts a tutorial, because there's a real
lack of helpful icon info out there.

In the mean time, you may want to go with 16-color icons. I never have any
problems with those displaying correctly, although designing them is a
challenge, since you're so limited in your choice of colors.

How did you create them? I've had good results with icon software from

Good luck!

- Keith Cronin

I want to get a job writing sig lines. Nothing else.
Anybody got any leads?