Re: Do you include a sentence identifying the dialog name?

Subject: Re: Do you include a sentence identifying the dialog name?
From: Jim Hager <jhager -at- techrx -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:50:02 -0500

Hi,

Yes. I inlude a sentence identifying the dialog box.

I agree with Steve Brown on this about the "Do This. That happens" scenario.
It seems to me that we need to reassure the reader that they are performing
the procedure correctly and this is a great way to do that.

I typically do it like this and would like any comments (note that the
resulting action is on a separate line so it is easier for the reader to
see):

To find the framizan you want:

1. In the ABC window, select the XYZ button.

The system opens the XYZ dialog box.

<graphic of thte XYZ dialog box>

2. In the XYZ dialog box, type the name of the framizan you want.

3. Select OK.

The system opens the Detail window and displays information about the
framizan you selected.

<graphic of the Detail window>

etc.

Jim Hager