Framemaker Book Files

Subject: Framemaker Book Files
From: Steve Lefevers <scl -at- pcisys -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:49:38 -0700

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS scl -at- pcisys -dot- net

I have Framemaker 5.5.6 and have a couple of questions about Book Files.

1. In MS Word, you can create a file for each chapter and then use the
"Reference Document"
command to create a Table of Contents and Index for each of the Chapter
Files.

Is Framemaker's Book File Feature basically the same concept as Word's -
does it
accomplish the same thing?

2. I have Framemaker 5.5.6 and also
Adobe's Classroom in a Book, O'Keefe's Framemaker 5.5.6 for Dummies, and
Neuburger's
Framemaker 6.0 Master Series. I am using all 3 books in my study.

I have heard that Framemaker 6.0 has some significant changes in how to
create Book Files
(its a little bit different than Framemaker 5.5.6).

Can I follow the instructions in Neuburger's Framemaker 6.0 Book to create a
Book File in
Framemaker 5.5.6 or is Framemaker 6.0 radically different than Framemaker
5.5.6?

I noticed in Neuburger's book - he has side headings called "NEW" which I
assume refer to
the new Book File features in Framemaker 6.0.

Will the Book File instructions in Neuburger's book (starting on page 409)
that are not
labelled New, work in Framemaker 5.5.6?

Thanks in advance.