RE: version control

Subject: RE: version control
From: "Richard Smith" <Richard -dot- Smith -at- windriver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 22:10:29 -0800

CVS is flexible, powerful, and free. That's acombo that's pretty hard to
beat. I've also used MS Visual Source Safe, and Rational ClearCase. They all
seem quite good at what they do. I think (could be wrong though) that MS
Visual Source Safe is platform specific, no big if you're all using Windows
PCs. If you need to access the source files from other platforms, such as
*nix, mac, etc., CVS or something similar is probably the ticket.

Richard Smith