RE: Prize Interview Answers

Subject: RE: Prize Interview Answers
From: Ken Jacobs <kjacobs -at- tekwrite -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 22:29:21 -0500

I was amused at the interview for the editor. Just a case of trying too hard to show what you know getting you into trouble!

My contract ended Friday so any leads in Atlanta are appreciated.

Ken Jacobs
www.tekwrite.com

How sad! One of my other favorite interviews was
a guy who wasn't formally an editor, but who said
he'd done a lot of peer editing for his group. We
asked how he'd gotten interested in editing. He
replied that it was because so many of his fellow
writers were ignorant about grammar.
"For example," he said, "they don't even know
what passive voice is. You know what passive
voice is, don't you? It's a sentence like
`The moon is blue.'"
Needless to say, we didn't hire him.