Where do you shoot trouble?

Subject: Where do you shoot trouble?
From: Liz -dot- Goodwin -at- ametek -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:12:56 -0500

Lin Sims wrote:
<So I'm taking a poll. Where do you put your troubleshooting
<information, and why do you put it there?

We have a separate chapter for troubleshooting and diagnostics but this
refers solely to our hardware (analyzers). I feel it is easier to check out
the TOC under troubleshooting and view the topics listed to get to the
section of the manual that you need.

Error messages for software are included in an appendix unless there are
only a few and then they are included in the chapter on the software
operation.

Liz Goodwin
Technical Writer, Dycor

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
(Albert Schweitzer)