Online Help for Lotus Notes Application

Subject: Online Help for Lotus Notes Application
From: Jennifer_Gidner -at- dom -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:46:46 -0500

Hello,

I am interested in creating online help for Lotus Notes and have done a
fair amount of research on the topic. So far, I've learned that it is
customary to use the "About this Database" and the "Using this Database"
forms to provide a simple bit of help. However, for more complex help,
"help forms" are used. I've also discovered that these help forms are
created using the Lotus Notes development tool called Designer. We have a
number of Notes developers at our company and none of them knows more than
this about online help for Notes. So, I'm at a loss. A client wants a
context-sensitive online help system for a Notes application. Should I
take a class in Notes programming? Do classes exist to teach only about
developing online help in Notes? If so, where, and given by whom?

If anyone has knowledge or experience in this area, I would greatly
appreciate it if you would contact me either on list or off.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Jen

Dominion Resources, Inc.
(804) 771-3862