Re: Comb binding looseleaf?

Subject: Re: Comb binding looseleaf?
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:03:12 -0500

Meg Halter
I have an old document that is comb bound. The trouble is that
it barely fits in the largest size available, which is 2". The
doc really needs about 2-1/2". Further, the combs aren't really
sturdy enough for something that thick. I remember seeing a few
years ago looseleaf notebooks that had 19 comb-style rings
instead of the conventional 3 rings. However, I've looked and
looked and found nothing like that. Can anyone help?

Try art supply stores. They usually have loads of supplies for portfolio presentation, and I've seen snazzy (and relatively sturdy) versions of the 19-ring binders, as well as other styles.

And as a backup, since it sounds like you only have one copy to re-bind, you might consider spending a coffee break with your friendly local hole punch. Standard 3-ring binders are much cheaper than specialty items.

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr