Re: zip TM query

Subject: Re: zip TM query
From: Mike Stockman <mstockman -at- mac -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:37:47 -0500

On 02/14/2002 12:07 PM, Jane Carnall (jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com)
wrote:

>Looking at the number of archiving tools that use "zip" in their name, are
>"zip" and "unzip" generic archive terms, providing you don't refer to any
>specific zip archive tools like WinZip or UnZip?

Well, if they're not generic terms, you're stuck with "compress (or
decompress) using a pkzip(tm)-compatible compression utility."

If I were you (and you specifically mean zip archives and not some more
generic compression scheme), I'd stick with "zip" and "unzip."

----->Mike

stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com -- AOL and AOL Instant Messenger:MStockman