Re: Batch saving FrameMaker files as RTF

Subject: Re: Batch saving FrameMaker files as RTF
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:06:41 -0500

On 02/06/2002 5:26 AM, Darren Barefoot (darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com)
wrote:

>I swooped through the archives, but couldn't find any exact matches for
>this query. It's a pretty straightforward question, and hopefully
>someone else has discovered some nifty work-around, plug-in, third-party
>whats-it, etc. Basically, we want to save all the files in a FrameMaker
>book to RTF without having to open, save and close each document. Any
>suggestions? Thanks. DB.

Depends on what you mean. If you mean "without PEOPLE having to open,
save, etc.", it should be pretty easy to script this. On Mac, you can use
AppleScript to drive FrameMaker pretty well, especially for something as
basic as open and save in a new format. On UNIX, you can use the built-in
FrameScript. On Windows, you need a third-party add-on to use
FrameScript, whose name escapes me at the moment.

Hope this helps,
----->Mike

stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com -- AOL and AOL Instant Messenger:MStockman