RE: Grim numbers, just grim

Subject: RE: Grim numbers, just grim
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- adelphia -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 23:45:22 -0800

LOL, are you asking this because $35+/hour for techwriting seems high to you?
Here in L.A., I'm getting almost that now just for doing (editing and
robohelping, not writing <dammit>) banking policies and procedures--nothing even
remotely technical, except for the specific jargon of mortgage banking. So
actually, for what they're requiring, $35/hour seems a bit low to me. Of
course, rates have been in decline.

Living in Los Angeles is that expensive, yes. Can't speak for Seattle, but I
wouldn't be surprised.

Maggie Secara
~Every form of refuge has its price.

related to documentation of wireless industry products. Familiarity with user
interface issues and the ability to take an active role in usability reviews.
Education/Equiv: Bachelors degree.