Re: PDFs, web browsers and file names...

Subject: Re: PDFs, web browsers and file names...
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 06:33:57 -0500

techwriter -at- supalife -dot- com wrote:

Hi All

So my questions to you are;
a) how can I reinstall this netscape plug-in to fix the problem with filenames

Have you tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling the entire Acrobat package? When all else fails ...;-)

b) how on earth do I set up the whole thing so that pdfs will open in my web

Either I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do, or you're misunderstanding the options available to you. The only PDFs that Acrobat allows you to open in a browser are those that you encounter as links on Web pages. If you are just navigating your file system and double click a PDF file, it should open in the Acrobat (or Reader) application, not in a Web browser.

PDFs, web browsers and file names...: From: techwriter