Re: Grim numbers, just grim

Subject: Re: Grim numbers, just grim
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 06:36:25 +0000

"Sandy Harris" <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca> wrote in message news:3C71729D -dot- F6BBC2C5 -at- storm -dot- ca -dot- -dot- -dot-

Are the statistics calculated differently in Canada, or do we have
much lower numbers?

In Ottawa, where I am, the papers moan about this from time to time
and places are definitely hard to find. As I recall, Ottawa has been under 5% for decades.

A qucik web search didn't find a recent number for Edmonton, but throughout the 1990's, the Edmonton commercial vacancy rate was between 12% and 17%.

I expect it is a bit lower right now, because our economy boomed quite nicely in 2000/ 2001.

By the way, I was able to find a current apartment vacancy rate, which is 0.9%.

John Fleming
Technical Writer and SAS Programmer
Edmonton, Canada