If I change it, is it mine?

Subject: If I change it, is it mine?
From: "Justin Cascio" <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:04:54 -0500

I have a question about using writing samples and publishing them on the
web. I have searched the archives under copyright and writing samples, and
can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I've modified two writing samples
(one in WebHelp format, the other in Word) so that all incidences of the
software title and company name for which they were written are replaced
with bogus product names or markers like [Company Name]. I've also blurred
any screen shots that reveal sensitive information, company logos, or
product names.

Is this enough to protect the clients' copyrighted work? Is it enough CYA to
put these modified documents on my website?

Thanks!
Justin Cascio, RoboHELP Guru
justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com
"I am about to?or I am going to?die; either expression is used."
?last words of French grammarian Dominique Bonhours