RE: Word, Visio and StarTeam

Subject: RE: Word, Visio and StarTeam
From: Jeroen Dekker <Jeroen -at- Square1 -dot- nl>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:59:21 +0100

Danette,

You could also save your Visio diagrams as WMF or EMF, both are the native
vector/metafile formats of Windows and MS Office. Meaning, you can import
them into your Word docs the same way you do TIFFs. The fun thing is that
you can still fully edit the diagrams in Word using the Word drawing tools -
no Visio needed. In a vector format, your diagrams still consist of the
lines, shapes and text strings you created them with.

Hope this helps,

Jeroen Dekker
--
PS2vector - The Graphics Connection to
* MIF for FrameMaker

From: dthomps -at- foundationsoft -dot- com
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:51:14 -0500

<snip>
> As a new method of development, we are planning to use MS Word 2000 to
write
> requirements and do screen design using the Windows GUI tools in MS Visio
> 2000. Those documents get checked into StarTeam 4.2 so that the entire
team
> can access them and to provide version control.
>
> Here's the dilemma: Some of us have been saving the Visio diagrams as TIFs
> (or other formats) and placing them in Word. But, this method is
cumbersome
> if you need to make changes to the screens, which we often do.
>
> Others have been embedding the Visio files in Word. This has caused some
> crashing and corruption of our Word docs, even on powerful machines with
> lots of RAM.
<snip>