Re: How is the job market in your area?

Subject: Re: How is the job market in your area?
From: Annamarie Pluhar <apluhar -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:51:47 -0500

Bruce wrote:

Perhaps I'm wronging people - I'm sure that there must be people
doing everything that I do and not finding work - but I can't help
thinking that the problem is often not so much a lack of work as a
lack of imagination.

Don't forget fear. Part of the problem is the fear of cold calling.
If you haven't done it, and you don't have a huge ego which is
impervious to rejection, cold calling is hard. It takes practice.
Practice means failing some until you get good. (Just think of those
figure skaters and how often they must have fallen as they learned to
do their triple toe loops.) Courage is doing something despite
having fear.

And it's also true that there isn't as much work out there as there was.

Annamarie

--
Annamarie Pluhar

IDD Tech Solutions
Instructional design and development for technology.

(301) 588 - 4001
(301) 646 - 5002 (Mobile)
apluhar -at- iddtechsolutions -dot- com
Http://www.iddtechsolutions.com