Re: PDF to Word

Subject: Re: PDF to Word
From: Rev Simon Rumble <simon -at- rumble -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:17:39 +0000

On Thu 21 Feb, Uma_Nakkeeran bloviated thus:

> Is there any utility/ tool available for converting PDF to Word?

Not as far as I know. You may be able to copy out the text and
graphics if the PDF author has allowed it, but you will lose text
formatting and the images may not be high quality.

There is a tool to extract the text from postscript files (the basis
of PDF) called ps2pdf. Not sure if it's available for Windows but it
comes with most Linux distributions.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon -at- rumble -dot- net>
www.rumble.net

Given the choice between two evils, I pick the one I haven't
tried before.

- Mae West