RE: deer in the headlights

Subject: RE: deer in the headlights
From: "Hart, Rowena" <Hart -at- SelkirkFinancial -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:29:55 -0800

Keith,

I find that when this happens to me, I've
usually been interrupted in the middle of
a major task and my brain is having trouble
adjusting to the new task. Or, the instructions
I'm given aren't clear so I fumble about on
screen trying to find the right place to
click or the right word to type.

It's even worse when someone asks how to do
something in an application like Word and I
try to show them...but can't remember the
exact menu item or option to select. That's
when I usually have to send them out of my
cubicle with a promise of an email or demo
at *their* desk.

Rowena