Re: Deer in the Headlights - a solution...

Subject: Re: Deer in the Headlights - a solution...
From: Charles E Vermette <cvermette -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:49:47 -0500

<<<It happens so much to me, and I see it
happen to so many people, I dubbed it the 'Over-the-shoulder" effect,
which
you defined very well in your e-mail...>>>

An adaptation of a security principal here (Personal security, not web
security - I believe I got it from Malcolm X's Autobiography...that or
the Godfather...as we know from "You've Got Mail", the Godfather is the
American male's I-Ching for business issues...)

Set up your work space so that you're in a corner with your monitor
facing the door. Then noone can get behind you.

Standing in front of you for 30 seconds or so, they get uncomfortable
since they can't pretend they're "working with you." (i.e., they're just
standing there doing nothing.) If they do stay, tell them you'll e-mail
it or send it to the printer.

They get what they need, you get the breathing room you need.

-Chuck

Charles E. Vermette
85 Washington Park Drive, Norwell MA 02061
781-659-1836
e-mail: cvermette -at- juno -dot- com
web: http://www.charlesvermette.com