Re: Technical typist?

Subject: Re: Technical typist?
From: Marni Barilone <mnb68 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 05:09:14 -0800 (PST)

Darn, hadn't seen that in a while. I was a Technical
Typist for Raytheon years and years and oh god I'm
old. Anyway. Really they just wanted someone familiar
and comfortable with technology so that when you were
typing up documents you knew enough to put acronymns
in all caps. Put periods in the right places. You
know, the kind of thing that would make a regular
typist wrought with anxiety. It's kind of like
Medical Transcription vs. Legal Transcription etc.
It's just a comfort level with technology so that the
subject doesn't hinder your ability to do the basic
work.

Okay, in a preemptive strike against the backlash that
may follow. This is only my experience. I had the
title and the job and that was what it was. Your
mileage may vary.

http://sports.yahoo.com