RE: Revisions into Frame

Subject: RE: Revisions into Frame
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:20:04 -0800

Jim Morgan wrote:

| My resident Frame expert (and Word hater) reluctantly tells me there
is
| no way for reviewers to perform electronic markup using Frame files
| short of buying Frame for all potential reviewers in the company.
| FrameViewer would allow others to look at the documents, but does not
| allow markup.
|
| Is there a cheap or free solution I'm missing that would allow us to
use
| Frame and still have electronic markup?

We do electronic reviews of Frame documents all the time using PDF as
the file interchange format. We generate PDFs of the Frame documents;
reviewers mark them up in Acrobat and return them. Note that reviewers
cannot do this with Acrobat Reader; they must instead have either
Acrobat Business Tools or the full version of Acrobat.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of electronic reviews, but many of our
clients like them, and this process does work.

Regards,

D.

David Knopf @ Knopf Online / San Francisco, CA / 415.550.8367
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com / http://www.knopf.com

WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer
RoboHelp MVP & Certified RoboHelp Instructor
Member, RoboHelp Community Advisory Board
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users